Monday, October 26, 2009

Whoa Betsey!

Sooo Forever 21 has recently taken their amazing array of awesome and affordable pieces and looked to designers like Philip Lim, the legendary Chanel, and my personal fave, Betsey Johnson for inspiration! Among many fun and fab Betsey reminiscent pieces- this bright, bold, rose pattern on a rich palette of black, touched my soul in a way the other pieces just couldn't compete with. I loved the way the big, bold flowers (that reminded of Beauty of the Beast) added such a pretty, doll like feel; and of course I was obsessed with the sewn in tulle detail!

This summer I found myself consistently drawn to this dress, despite the occasion. From low key lunch dates to decadent dinners, this gem of a garment took me from day to night with ease. It seemed to channel within me, an equal contrast of femininity and power. For dinner I decided to playfully pair it with my black, over sized Hello Kitty bow, which totally amped the whole Betsey Johnson vibe!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

(bow&dress- f21, flats- hot topic)

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

wish it was still summer here

daisychain said...

I am officially in love with that dress

Christielove said...

yes this is so sexy, i love it

Anonymous said...

i LOVE that dress, cant believe its from f21, you look like a pin up girl!

Fashion By He said...

awesome outfit, dress looks amazing on you

come check out the first ever fashion blog from a guys POV, let He know what you think

fashionbyhe.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

That dress is so adorable.

Yuka said...

you look amazing in this dress. its so perfect. and i love your hair.

dy of ghost said...

that dress is awesome and i love the big bow!

lilmisszolicious said...

hey girl, thanks for the comment. Your outfit is gorgeous. I love the floral dress and huge hair-bow. Looks very retro.

xoxo zola

A Whimsical Girl Named Debbie said...

Cute dress! Thank you for dropping by GirlWhimsy and leaving such a sweet comment! I don't know why I don't like white shoes...maybe it's because {in my opinion} they make your feet look big, but they are definitely a pet peeve of mine. Once again, thank you! Have a lovely evening!
http://girlwhimsy.blogspot.com

Jessica Ly said...

love the look!be sure to check out my blog and leave a comment hehe x

Amy said...

That dress was made for you! Loving the hair bow, too :)

Tayler Worrell said...

this dress is gorgeous! love it <3

kwowwww said...

i love your shoes !

W said...

cute outfit, totally adore the bow x

Anonymous said...

Cute look)

danmyy said...

you look gorgeous!! i'm in love with your dress :) looks really amazing on you, the bow is uber cute as well!

xoxo

Cecylia said...

Are you a model? I love the big bow and your cute red flats! Thanks so much for commenting on my blog!

Wear to Get It said...

your a bit of a babe

Gossip_Glamour said...

OOOh How lucky you are !
Yeeeah you can go to F21 when youj want ,not meee!! Unfortunately in France yhere isn t one .. :( That s why when i go tu United States my favorite activity is to shop at F21 :)!
PS : Your dress (as your style) is so cute ! :)

cinnam0n~ said...

this dress is sooo cute!!!i love it

Siru said...

I love that dress! Also your blog! So happy and clean -feeling in it! Thanks for visiting me!

juliet xxx

Unknown said...

that dress is AMAZING xxxx

Amanda Correa said...

How awesome is that to be buying more affordable, still stylin' Besty Johnson pieces. You look great in that....very flattering on you!

bisou-joue said...

cute outfit ! Your giant bow is awesome ! love it !

Bucca said...

Love this look!

E said...

OK! I had a large-sized debate with a friend last time I tried to rock the one earring look. I taking the side that it is just so damn rock star cool and her, of the opinion that it looked like I lost an earring. You've rekindled my determination now to prove her wrong!

Samantha Simple said...

This is so cute and girly.

http://samanthasimple.blogspot.com/

Chie - Vivat Veritas said...

wow i love this dress so much!