Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Peace Easy Breezy

Sooo I went to the museum; the Norton Museum of Science to be exact (i think) in Pasadena for my Art 102 class... It was BEAUTIFUL, I hadn't been to a museum since I was a kid and I can't wait to go again, specifically I'd like to visit the Museum of Tolerence...sooo much history there, it'd be a great experience. Surprisingly, I'm really falling hard for Art...it is sooo beautiful, innovative and deep; and the fact that I can now differentiate Baroque art to Impressionism and recite the works of some of the most famous Renaissance artists makes meeh feel pretty aristocratic...my nose has raised higher into the air...

(Downtown LA dress, Hot Topic fingerless gloves, Peace bandanna was a gift, Downtown LA shoes, Downtown LA earrings)

This painting "The Scream" by Edward Munch really touched meeh. We all have those moments where we just wanna run off and SCREAM. This piece spoke volumes to my soul; you can see feelings of anguish, anxiety, stress, and a state of overwhelm in just that one expression. WOW. Sadly, this picture does not do the piece justice; in the actual painting, the colors are sooo vibrant and bold that the entire piece embodies the intesity of the work. I feel it...deeply. A large, laminated version of this painting is on my Christmas list. It actually inspired meeh to create a collage with all the different things, feelings, and emotions that make meeh scream...however, due to finals week, it has yet to be completed... I had been waiting to wear this dress for quite sometime. Immediately upon spotting it during one of my Fashion District sprees, I fell in love; first with the color (my faaavorite) and the style. It seemed sophisticated in style but the bright color mixed with the oversized buttons gave it edge. At first I was going to wear the dress with tights but then realized how 'un-chic' that looked given the dress's length sooo I decided just to bare leg it, it was a pretty nice day after all and I wanna revel in the last hints of summer as long as possible. Given the dress's simplicity I took advantage of it and decided to add some retro flair...I had the peace bandanna as well as the gloves for at least a few months and had never used them. However, on a sad note: the yellow t-straps were cute, minus comfortable :( ..And yes, incase you're just now noticing, I ALWAYS wear two diff. earrings...basically just because it adds unique flavor to any ensemble whether it be conservative or casual, it's has kind of become my trademark. If I ever, which is almost never, wear two of the same earrings, my friends freak out, which then leads meeh to change it, much to their dismay, haha. Often times people will come up to me and tell meeh I'm wearing two different earrings and dependng on my mood I'll sometimes answer with "Oh my gosh, are you serious? No way! Oh crap!" or sometime people will say "I like your earrings er, earring" and then point out the one they like which usually becomes both. Also, I actually have a science to how I choose which two to wear too (wow I just used all three forms of that word)...heh, I know: I'm a strangeling...
Yes, on my cellefono screensaver-that is indeed a picture of meeh as the president...

No comments: