Saturday, December 13, 2008

Dan is the man

I've been dying to try out the oh-so-sophisticated 'menswear' style for quite some time now. However, until about two months later than the rest of the world- I never did. But when I picked up this month's issue of Harpar's Bazaar and saw the ever fabolous Victorica Beckham rockin' the look with that natural sensationality of hers...I knew my take on the classic style was long overdue... These beautiful blue pants are sooo comfortable, despite that they're about two sizes too big now. I've been meaning to tailor the bottoms to convert the flared leg into a sort of pipe drain shape instead, but skinny jeans are everywhere and I decided that in keeping with the laid back male style, I'd stay classic and show a little throwback love to the flared leg...once upon a time it was just as big as the skinny jean, ya know...
(photo credit: Harpars Bazaar)
This 2/4 sleeved black/white striped shirt was the perfect top to add a little spark to the otherwise pretty basic ensemble. Okay, I lied- the bright blue pants lent a hand as well...I can't escape color and print no matter how hard I try, they're forever a part of meeh! These shiny,patened one strapped Mary Janes provided the perfect feminine take on the patent leather penny loafer that usually completes this androgynous look. And of course, much like every other young woman in the world- I'm loving my perfectly tailored black blazer- despite the name (mine is Ann Taylor) or specific cut, it's the must-have piece for fall, it just seems to perfectly complete any casual look, instantly taking it from everyday to sophisticated.

3 comments:

CULTURE CREATORS said...

Isn't colbalt blue gorgeous...I'm sure you hear this all the time but you remind me of Santagold... Thanks for following my blog;)

CC

CULTURE CREATORS said...

Um Dannie we are kindred spirits I was raised in Agua Dulce! So YES I do know where Antelope Valley is.

Thnx for the comment;)

CC

Anonymous said...

awesome pants