Monday, July 26, 2010

Sun, Laughter, and Lilies

There are few things I loathe more than the pairing of a super cute, really interesting, or great graphic top with..blue jeans; it completely robs the essence from the ensemble and dumbs down a quite possibly genius outfit to nothing more than a shirt and a pair of jeans. Granted, if the shirt is maybe black or white, and the jeans happen to be dazzlingly distressed or come in one of thee best washes ever, I'll make an exception for the epic quality of a classic look; but otherwise, thoughtlessly popping on an awesome top with uh..jeans, basically screams style deficiency or at the least: effortless, minus the cool factor.

Due to my deeply embedded inability to keep anything even remotely simple, my latest Hello Kitty addition insisted on being paired with a piece that complemented its bright coloring and fun, flirty theme. In completion of this look, I momentarily struggled with the choice of footwear, but came to the conclusive decision that fiery red boots (despite 100 degree temperatures) would be so much more fancy and fun than say, houndsooth flats, I mean..right?

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
(hk tee f21, shorts max rave, sunnies & boots jacked from mum)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

those boots made me start humming
*these boots are made for walking, and that's just what they'll do, one of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you* haha

...so you can say I like your boots a lot

Damsels said...

i completely agree with you .. iwas jsut saying soemthing similar the other day on another stlye blog .. i think that while pairing agreat top with a pair of jeans .. ugh the words make me grimace .. its really something you would read in a magazine that assumes their readers are style clueless.

ai think it works as a great start for style and expression its safe.. but at this point i gave up on safe a while back ..

love your cute shorts .by the way

Mom Fashion World said...

Oh, darling you are as cute as Hello Kitty.
I am an avid fan of it. And yes, the red boots are stunning!

Annie Spandex said...

Great boots! :)

K A T H L E E N said...

love the shorts and i too steal my mums boots! come follow me http://www.fashioniceice.blogspot.com xoxo