Sunday, February 28, 2010

Freak Show

Remember back in high school how the only people who had unnatural colored hair were goths and drama club freaks? And I'm pretty sure their extreme colored strands were part of what qualified them as outcasts in the first place. Now though, the lunch tables have clearly turned and Manic Panic manes are all the rage.

I've been fantasizing about adding a little soft neon pinkness to my 'do for quite awhile now and I'm excited to be able to add another element of fun and self expression to my personal style.

However, as much as I love fun, fantasy, rainbow reminiscent locks, I must express how irritating it is when a style that was meant to be personal and unique quickly becomes trendy and commercial just because someone in a high position of fashion says it is cool. Regardless of whether we truly like it or not, it's 'in' so of course we like it now, it's fashionable.

Hmm, well at least we don't have to fret about keeping up with the trend, Grandma's been wearing blue and pink wigs for decades and I'm sure she won't mind sharing.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

Mom Fashion World said...

Hhahaha...this is so cute hair!
That photo of the boy really made me laugh.

Have a happy Monday, my dear!

Chiffon Dreams said...

You should go for it!! It's a trend, so obviously it won't be in style, but you might as well have fun with it, right??

stop by my blogs!
http://dreamingchiffon.blogspot.com
http://notthathaute.blogspot.com

Nicole Jarecz said...

that little girl is so cute!!

xxnicole


www.nicolejarecz.com

Unknown said...

the dog with the pink wig is pretty funny