Monday, January 12, 2009

I LOVE LA

Confession: I haven't lived in LA in 11 years, however, although I was forced to move to this wretched valley, my heart and soul are and always will be Los Angeles residents. Recently I've been having a daily debate on whether or not I should just scrounge up some loose change, pack my bags, cross my fingers, hop on the train and just hope for the best. I use any excuse possible to visit as much as I possibly can which is rather difficult at the moment due to school/work but trust meeh, I make it work. I adore the high velocity, the constant action, and the fact that just being almost anywhere, whether it's Downtown, Koreatown, Wilshire and Normandie (my old street) or whereever, you'll never run out of things to do or see. In addition: it is, in my experience, the absolute best place to shop (Fashion District anyone???) I cannot wait to move back to LA...if anyone needs a roommate-HOLLA...it's getting to the point where I'm two steps away from asking one of the notorious Broadway bums if they'll share their street corner with me...oh yes, it is that serious. It's not that I just have some random, trendy obsession with the amazing, awesome, and forever inspiring city, it's the only place I feel at home. The young women in LA care about fashion, deeply...some, even as much as I do, and it's comforting, intriguing, and exciting being in a place where there are people wise enough to appreciate your deep adoration/devotion for something that many consider nothing more than just a superficial hobbby...LA I LOVE YOU (and yeeees...I will see you tomorrow ;)) I took these photos a couple of months ago while I roamed the wonderous city; another great thing about LA-almost every area doubles as great photo scenery.
I LOVE LA
(vintage aviators, vintage earrings, ann taylor black blazer, vintage skull top I altered, wet seal straight leg jeans, red high top chuck taylors, vintage skinny black belt, forever 21 black beret, red/white heart armwarmer made by me)
I LOVE LA
To those previously unaware, I have an unhealthy obsession w/ Subway (or does the fact that it's Subway make it a healthy obsession???) I'm there 3x a week, at least. Because I'm a vegetarian, it's extremely frustrating trying to get good food on the go. However, Subway solves that problem for meeh (toasted veggie delite on wheat bread w/ fetta cheese, please) and at 4.97 a footlong (cut into 4's, thank you) w/ a complimentary diet coke (i'm on a first name basis with the employees)- You can't go wrong...and while i'm already sounding like a public service announcement, I might as well add- Subway, Eat Fresh (and cruelty free)
I LOVE LA

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OHH GOD!! You're so adorable, it's killing me. Haha. I love how you take high and low fashion and mix it into something that you don't see on anyone else. Looking fwd to seeing what you wear / do next! If you come to Japan, you can crash at my place and I'll take you around.
xox
Julie